I’ve Been So Lonesome Since You’ve Been Gone.

by Dee Newman

Below, the river’s running slow and lazy,
There’s a wild flower fragrance on the breeze.
I’m feeling a bit foolish and crazy
As the morning mist rises through the trees.

Some relationships end without a care,
Others, in heartache and despair.
Life’s an awful lonely affair
In the twilight before the dawn
When the curtains have been drawn.
Oh, I’ve been so lonesome since you’ve been gone.

It’s true, I could’ve stayed with you forever,
Felt your mouth and breath upon my face,
Held you in my loving arms and never
Grown tired of your warm embrace.

I'd been in love many times before,
I had heard the slamming of the door,
And felt the heartache of wanting more,
Yet, when the passion feels so strong,
It must be right, it can’t be wrong.
Oh, I’ve been so lonesome since you’ve been gone.

Can’t help wonderin’ when I’m listening to
Nilsson or the Gentle Side of Coltraine,
If what we had was real and true
Or just an illusion in my brain.

Of all the women who I have loved,
You’re the one I keep dreaming of.
I still see you in the clouds above
And wonder, what was it – that went so wrong
With a love that seemed so right and strong.
Oh, I’ve been so lonesome since you’ve been gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment